The CRM industry has been growing rapidly over the past decade. CRM software is now used by a wide range of industries, from retail to healthcare and even education. CRMs are great for tracking customer data, managing contacts and tasks, as well as measuring marketing campaigns. In this blog post we will explore how CRM can be used in higher education specifically to help increase efficiency and productivity throughout the entire process!
What is a CRM in Higher Education?
A CRM, or customer relationship management system, is a software application that helps businesses track and manage their customers. A CRM can store customer data such as contact information, purchase histories, and demographic information. It can also track interactions between the business and its customers, such as phone calls, emails, and social media posts. CRMs can be used to measure marketing campaigns in order to determine their effectiveness.
How Can CRM Benefit Higher Education?
There are many ways that CRM can benefit higher education institutions. Some of these benefits include:
- Tracking student data including contact information, academic performance, financial aid status, etc.
- Managing communications with students via email, text messages, or social media
- CRM can be used to manage student activities such as registering for classes, paying tuition and fees, etc.
- CRMs can also track enrollment events, which are important when considering the best times to send marketing campaigns or communicate information about upcoming events or deadlines
- CRM can help save time by streamlining communication with students. Email templates that have been created in advance allow staff members to quickly write emails containing common phrases (e.g., “get well soon”) instead of having to retype these messages each time they need them.
What CRMs Should Higher Education Institutions Consider?
There are many CRMs on the market that can be suitable for higher education institutions. Some of the most popular CRMs include Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Oracle CRM. It is important to choose a CRM that will fit the specific needs of your institution. For example, if you are looking for a CRM that can track student data then you should consider Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics CRM. If you need a CRM that can manage communications with students then you might want to consider using an email marketing tool such as Mailchimp in conjunction with your CRM.
The Bottom Line
CRMs are an essential tool for businesses of all types, and higher education institutions are no exception! A CRM can help institutions track and manage student data, communications, and activities. It can also help institutions measure marketing campaigns and enrollments. When choosing a CRM for your institution, be sure to consider the specific needs that you have. The most popular CRMs on the market include Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Oracle CRM.